5 grains blend saffron risotto, ham foam and scallops
Makes: 2 servings
More than 45 minutes
- 120g (4.2 oz) 5-grain blend
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 scallops
- 1 lemongrass stick
- 5g saffron
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 50cl cream
- Ham leftovers
- 1 lemon (zests)
1. Bring the cream to a boil; add ham leftovers to infuse for 45 over very low heat.
2. Make the chicken broth: dissolve 2 bouillon cubes in 1L boiling water. Season with black pepper, salt and Espelette pepper.
3. CChop and sweat garlic and shallot in olive oil. Add the 5-grain blend and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Pour a ladleful of broth and stir well. Allow the grains absorb the broth, add saffron, and pour another ladle of broth. Repeat until your risotto is cooked (about 25 minutes).
5. Stir in a knob of butter and 5cl of cream to make your risotto creamy (You can skip this step for a lighter dish, but make sure that the broth is not fully absorbed, in order to preserve the creaminess of the dish). Season to taste.
6. Thread scallops onto lemongrass sticks. Add salt and pepper and cook them in a pan.
7. Sift the infused cream through a strainer. Emulsify with a hand blender. Try to hold the blender at an angle just below surface to incorporate air into the cream to make it foamy.
8. Ladle risotto at the centre of a soup plate. Using a spoon, add the ham foam around it. Sprinkle lemon zest and parsley over the scallops before serving.
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!