Cod loins with lime beurre blanc, rice and two quinoas
Makes: 2 servings
- 100g gourmet rice and two quinoas blend
- 2 cod loins
- 1 shallot
- 1 lime
- 1 orange carrot
- 1 white carrot
- 1 black radish
- Celery leaves
- Salt, pepper
1. Cook the rice and quinoa blend 10 minutes in salted boiling water, drain.
2. Peel and cut carrots with a sharpener-peeler (or a mandolin) and cook for 1 minute in salted boiling water.
3. Slice the black radish very thinly with a mandolin. Zest the lime and set aside.
In a saucepan, reduce the minced shallot and lime juice over low heat.
Add the chilled butter cut into small pieces. Wisk continuously until your beurre blanc reaches a smooth consistency.
4. In a saucepan, put the chiseled and lime juice, shallot leave halve small firearms.
Add the cold butter into small pieces until you get the desired amount of white butter. Never stop whipping. The texture should be creamy.
5. Fry the cod loins in a pan on one side and let them cook until almost done. Cover for the last 30 seconds.
6. Sprinkle the fish with lime zests and top the beurre blanc with celery leaves before serving.
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!