Calf sweetbread with Morels
The quantities are for the realization of this dish as an entry.
- 600g (21 oz) calf sweetbreads
- 40g (1.4 oz) dried Morels
- 4 asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 50cl of fresh cream
- Espelette pepper
- Olive oil, salt, pepper
1. Soak the sweetbreads in fresh water with a little white vinegar for 1 afternoon to remove impurities.
Soak morels in boiling water for 1 afternoon.
2. Make asparagus slices using a peeler. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, add the Espelette pepper. Marinate for 20 minutes
3. Blanch the sweetbreads. Cut into portions of 150g (5.3 oz). Book.
4. Get the morel rehydration water, add 1 tablespoon of calf stock, reduce until you get a strong juice.
Add cream and Morels, reduce until you get a dense sauce. Add salt, pepper, Espelette pepper.
5. In a skillet, brown the sweetbreads previously floured with butter and olive oil. Cook for 6 minutes.
6. On a plate, drop the Morels, add the sweetbreads, add asparagus slices and cream around.
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!