Mogette of Vendée and vendeen ham
- 500 g (17 oz) of Mogette of Vendée (white kidney beans)
- 6 slices Vendeen ham(pan ham)
- 4 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme and laurel)
- 60 g (2 oz) salted butter
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- Salt, pepper
Recipe by our partner blogger
Geek & balsamique
1. Soak the Mogettes in a large bowl of water overnight. Rinse and drain.
2. Wash and peel carrots, cut them into small slices. Finely chop the onions. Crush the garlic cloves. Put the vegetables in a large saucepan or cooking pot with 10g (0.4 oz) of butter and glaze a few minutes, add salt and pepper.
3. Add the Mogettes and let 2 more minutes, stirring.
4. Add the bouquet garni and pour water up to the Mogettes height and simmer over medium heat for 1 h 30. Add a little water if it’s too evaporated.
5. When the Mogettes are cooked (their texture is both firm and tender), remove bouquet garni, and add the rest of butter, salt and pepper. Book.
6. Fry the slices of vendeen ham in a hot pan, about 2 minutes on each side. Once grilled, serve them with the Mogettes and a bit of chopped parsley.
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!