Quinoa, spicy chicken and arugula salad
- 1 glass of quinoa
- Sunflower and squash seeds
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ red Bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- ½ zucchini
- 1 red beetroot
For the marinade
- 3 Tbsp ready-made marinade : Sunflower oil, white wine vinegar, water, shallots, garlic, thyme, salt, Cayenne pepper, laurel, black pepper
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 Tsp fleur de sel
- ½ Tsp Espelette pepper
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1/2 lime
Recipe by our partner blogger
Fourchette & pinceaux
1. Slice the chicken breasts. In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the marinade ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple hours.
2. Cook quinoa in twice its volume of boiling water for 12 minutes. Drain.
3. Steam carrot until tender.
5. Cook the chicken in a pan or on a grill and set aside.
6. Slice the pepper, carrot, beetroot and raw zucchini.
7. Start plating up by layering quinoa, vegetables, arugula, grains, and vinaigrette.
Top with arugula and chicken. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and top with a lime segment.
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!