Semolina dumplings, white wine and mushrooms sauce
- 180 g (6.3 oz) of semolina
- 35 cl (11.8 fl oz) of milk (animal or vegetal)
- 2 eggs
- 60 g (2 oz) of butter
- 1 Tbsp curved flour
- 50 g (1.8 oz) grated Gruyère
- Pepper, salt
For mushrooms sauce :
- 20 cl (6.8 oz) of dry white wine
- 80 cl (27.1 oz) of milk
- 50 g (1.8 oz) salted butter
- 3 Tbsp of flour
- 20 g (0.7 oz) of dehydrated porcinis
- Pepper, salt
Our partner blogger recipe
Geek & balsamique
1. In a saucepan, heat the butter and milk, salt and pepper.
2. When the milk is hot, add the semolina and whisk until it swells, dries and detaches from the pan.
3. Then stir in gruyere and flour and then mix and let cool.
4. When the mixture is lukewarm, add off the heat the eggs one by one and mix well.
5. Flour the plan of work. Tthen using a tablespoon, take the mix and roll it in the flour to create a roll. Do the same until the mix is finished. The dumplings are soft and fragile, it’s normal.
6. Boil a large volume of salt water.
7. Dive carefully dumplings into boiling water and cook 5 minutes. They are ready when they rise to the surface.
8. Then immerse the dumplings in a bowl of cold water. Drain them and place them in a gratin dish.
9. Preheat the oven to 190 °.
For mushrooms sauce
10. Put the porcinis in a bowl, then cover with water. Place the bowl in the microwave 3 minutes then drain and reserve.
11. In a saucepan, melt the butter, then add the flour to obtain a roux. Gradually pour the milk and white wine for a creamy but not too thick bechamel.
12. Add mushrooms to the béchamel sauce, salt and pepper.
13. Pour the sauce into the dish with the dumplings. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake 30 minutes.
You want to print this recipe? During the preview, remember to click the elements you want to remove for custom printing!