Split peas gratin
- 300g (10 oz) split peas
- (A few tablespoons) tomato sauce
- Goat cheese log (or another cheese you like)
- 20 cL (1 pot) cream
1. Soak your peas, rinse and cook as indicated on the package (~ 1 h).
2. Drain them, transfer them to a bowl and add the soya cream (or cream, or fromage blanc, depending of your choice). Season to taste (salt, pepper, curry, paprika…). If the consistency is very liquid, you can add one or two tablespoons of cornstarch or flour.
3. Preheat your oven to 180° C. For your dish, use whichever you prefer a single gratin plate or individual glasses.
Add in your plate one layer of the split peas (half). Then add a layer of goat cheese and a layer of tomato sauce. Finish with a layer of split peas. Sprinkle with small pieces of goat cheese on top (or Gruyère) and put to bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Note: you can also crush the split peas in before you add them in the gratin plate for a smoother texture.
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!