Catalan chickpea risotto
Makes: 4 servings
- 100 gr (3.5 oz) chickpeas or fast-ccoking chickpea
- 150g (5.3 oz) Orzo pasta
- 200g (8.8 oz) bacon bits
- 150g (5.3 oz) chorizo
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 jar basil/cherry tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 70cl water
Recipe by our partner blogger
Les délices de Létiss
1. Sweat the chopped onion and garlic clove in olive oil. Add bacon bits, chorizo and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. In the meantime, cook the chickpeas in boiling water for about 15 minutes. Add the orzo pasta to the pan and sauté for about a minute and pour about ¼ of the water and half a jar of tamato sauce. Stir regularly and add the remaining water one ladle at the time.
3. Add chickpeas, paprika, and the remaining sauce. Season to taste and serve.
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!