Choux puff filled with persillade snails
Makes: 30 small choux
More than 45 minutes
- 5 dozen snails
- 4 eggs
- 80 g (2.8 oz) butter + 30 g (1 oz) butter
- 150 g (5.3 oz) flour
- 25 cl water
- ½ tsp of fine salt
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1/2 clove garlic
Recipe by our partner blogger
Cook with love
1. Preheat the oven to 200° C.
2. In a saucepan, bring to boil water, salt and butter cut into small pieces while stirring to ensure that butter melt. Off the heat, add the flour all at once. Mix vigorously with a wooden spoon. Return to low heat and stir until the dough pulls away from the saucepan and forms a ball.
3. Off the heat, add the eggs one byu one and incorporate with the wooden spoon. In the end, the dough should be smooth and supple.
4. Cover an oven plate with parchment paper. Draw about 20 small choux well spaced using a pastry bag (or with two tablespoons.) Bake for 25-30 minutes approximately. Do especially not open the oven during the first 20 minutes, otherwise the gougères would fall back.
5. Rinse the snails with hot water.
Wash the parsley and peel the garlic. Chop the garlic and parsley very finely.
Melt butter in a skillet. Add snails and garlic and parsley and fry 10 minutes.
6. Let your choux cool down on a grid. Garnish them with snails and the persillade to obtain your gougères.
Serve immediately. If you prepare them in advance, reheat a few minutes at 140° C.
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!